web analytics
Life Philippines

Renewing Registration; Private Motor Vehicle

Renewing Registration; Private Motor Vehicle

Where To Go:

Any District or Extension Office, that is computer linked.

What You Need To Have:

Photocopy of Certificate of Registration (CR) and Official Receipt of payment
Appropriate Insurance Certificate of Cover (COC)
Duly accomplished and approved Motor Vehicle Inspection Report (MVIR) This form is available from the downloadable forms page. It is the form titled Motor Vehicle Inspection Report (MVIR). Just click on the download symbol located on the far right of the page, opposite the title.
The form can be completed before you arrive at the LTP office.
Certificate of Emission Compliance (CEC), there are often several facilities in the vicinity of the LTO office in your area. You go there and they stick a probe up your tailpipe, to check your emissions meet certain standards.
Taxpayer’s Identification Number

1. Proceed to the transaction counters and submit all the required documents to the Evaluator for evaluation and computation of fees.
2. Duly accomplished MVIR.
3. Proceed to the Cashier when your name is called for the necessary fees and obtain an Official Receipt (OR).
4. Proceed to the Releasing Counter when your name is called to obtain the Certificate of Registration (CR), stickers, and other requested documents.

Fees and Charges

The fees page frequently changes not only in charges but in its location on the LTO server, currently the list of charges is located here.
With no change in charges recently you need to check the charges regularly.

The whole area of vehicle registration in the Philippines is a minefield so make sure you have all the documentation to show your vehicle is what you say it is and you will sail through the process.

  • See the New Question and Answer App