If you currently hold a Student Drivers Permit this is the process for you. These next steps apply to all applicants for a New Non-Professional Philippines Drivers License.
Taken directly from the LTO Website at http://www.lto.gov.ph. However before you race off over there, let me say you’ll be lucky to find the site accessible, so that is why we put the information here.
You need to go to :
Any Licensing Center/ District Office with New Driver’s License Transactions
To Make Application You:
1. Must be at least seventeen (17) years old.
2. Must be physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle.
3. Must not be a drug user or alcoholic.
4. Must be able to read and write in Filipino or English.
5. Must be clean, neat and presentable (wearing of sleeveless shirts [sando], playing shorts and slippers during photo-taking and examinations will not be allowed).
You Must Present Your:
1. Duly accomplished Application form for Driver’s License (ADL). Download from:
2. Valid Student Permit (at least 1 month old)
3. Medical Certificate with Official Receipt (from LTO accredited or Government physician)
4. Negative drug test result (from a DOH accredited drug testing center & Government Hospital)
5. Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN) if employed
6. Proof you have passed the written and practical examinations
1. Proceed to the Customer Service Counter to get your checklist of requirements and secure a Driver’s License Application Form. (This form is available for download from the link above. You can accomplish this form prior to transacting your business at the LTO.) Get a queue number and wait for your number to be called.
2. When your number is called, proceed to evaluator counter and submit all the required documents and have it checked for completeness and authenticity.
3. Proceed to the Photo taking /Signature Area to have your picture and signature taken when your name is called.
4. Proceed to the Cashier when your name is called to pay the application fee.
5. Proceed to the Examination Room for the lecture and written exam.
6. After passing the written examination, wait for your name to be called for the practical exam.
7. After passing the practical examination, proceed to the Cashier when your name is called for payment of necessary fees and obtain an Official Receipt.
8. Proceed to the Releasing Counter when your name is called, present the Official Receipt and claim the Card type license.
Fees and Charges:
|Application Fee||Php 100.00|
|License Fee||Php 350.00|