Most of us only meed the Non-Professional Drivers Licence. If you are a permanent resident of The Philippines, you may be allowed to work and if you work as a driver you will need a Professional Driver’s License. More Likely a Filipino relative may want to drive for a living and if so would need this license. Read the instructions carefully
You Need To Go To: Any Licensing Center/ District Office with New Driver’s License Transactions
To Make Application You:
1. Must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
2. Must be physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle.
3. Must not be a drug user or alcoholic.
4. Must not be afflicted with any contagious disease or epilepsy.
5. Must be able to read and write in Filipino or English.
6. Must be clean, neat and presentable.
You Must Present Your:
1. Duly accomplished Application form for Driver’s License (ADL). Download from:
2. Valid Student Permit (at least 5 month old / NP – 4 month old)
3. Medical Certificate with Official Receipt (from LTO accredited or Government physician)
4. Negative drug test result (from a DOH accredited drug testing center & Government Hospital)
5. Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN)
a. NBI or Police or Court Clearance
7. Must have passed the written and practical examinations
1. Proceed to the Customer Service Counter to get your checklist of requirements and secure a Driver’s License Application Form. (This form is available for at the link above. You can complete this form prior to transacting your business at the LTO.) Get a queue number and wait for your number to be called.
2. When your number is called, proceed to evaluator counter and submit all the required documents and have it checked for completeness and authenticity.
3. Proceed to the Photo taking /Signature Area to have your picture and signature taken when your name is called.
4. Proceed to the Cashier when your name is called to pay the application fee.
5. Proceed to the Examination Room for the lecture and written exam.
6. After passing the written examination, wait for your name to be called for the practical exam.
7. After passing the practical examination, proceed to the Cashier when your name is called for payment of necessary fees and obtain an Official Receipt.
8. Proceed to the Releasing Counter when your name is called, present the Official Receipt and claim the Card type license.
Fees and Charges: