web analytics
Life Philippines

Help For United Kingdom Nationals In The Philippines

Wikis > Help For United Kingdom Nationals In The Philippines

The British Embassy in Manila can provide the following help For United Kingdom Nationals living in or visiting the Philippines. Their website can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/world//organisations/british-embassy-manila#our-services
Each of the major headings under Our Services in the website are clickable links to more detailed information.
Here is the outline of services provided.

Emergency travel documents

An emergency travel document enables British nationals abroad whose passport is lost/stolen or unavailable because it is being renewed or has been sent for visa application, to make a single or return journey to the UK or another country of residence, via a maximum of five transit countries.

If you are travelling within 48 hours, please telephone us and select Option 2 for Consular Services.

Passport renewal

For information on how to apply for your first passport or renew an existing passport, please click the link above to redirect you to the overseas passport section of this website.

Please note that our consulates cannot deal with individual enquiries about passport applications.


For information on whether you require a visa for the United Kingdom and how to apply go to the UK Border Agency website

Please note that our consulates cannot deal with individual enquiries about visa applications. For all visa enquiries, please contact the UK Border Agency

Notarial and documentary services

Information about official documents, certificates, and notes available at the British Embassy in Manila.

Notarial Customers: Typhoon Yolanda Response – Notice of change to document collection times

Until further notice notarial certificates and other documentation will be available for collection from the Consular section between 08:30 and 11:00 only. Our priority at this time is providing Consular Assistance to British nationals directly affected by Typhoon Yolanda. Thank you for your understanding.

Births, deaths and marriages

Information on how you can register a birth or death which occurred overseas, and legal documents for couples marrying or entering into civil partnerships abroad
List of lawyers and interpreters

A list of English speaking lawyers, translators and interpreters who may be able to help you with official translations in Germany. Please note that inclusion in this list does not constitute official endorsement by the British Embassy or the UK government.

Prisoner Packs

Philippines – Prisoner Pack: explanation of the legal and prison system to British nationals.

Travel advice

Information, news and updates to ensure you stay safe, avoid problems, and make informed decisions when living or travelling in the Philippines

Guides we produce

Living in the Philippines – a general set of information and links for British nationals who have a residence in the Philippines.

Getting married in the Philippines – list of requirements and procedures for a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) application.

First time passport application – list of requirements and procedures for first time British passport application.

Consular birth registration – list of requirements and procedures for registering a birth in the Philippines.

Adoption – including details of who you need to talk to and what documents you may require.

Consular fees – List of charges for some services we provide at the embassy. Payment should be made in cash or manager’s cheque payable to ‘British Embassy’.

What the Embassy can do for you

issue emergency travel documents if you are eligible
provide information about transferring funds
provide appropriate help if you are a victim of crime, need medical help or are in hospital
provide details of local lawyers, interpreters, doctors and funeral directors
do all we properly can to contact you as soon as possible after being told that you have been detained
offer support and help in a range of other cases, such as international child abduction, death of relatives * overseas, missing people and kidnapping
provide information and documents for you to get married in the Philippines
provide notarial and documentary services

What the Embassy cannot do for you

get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings
help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures
give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers
get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
pay any bills or give you money (in very exceptional circumstances we may lend you some money from public funds, which you will have to pay back)
make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation
make business arrangements on your behalf