web analytics
Life Philippines

It Is Annual Reporting Time

Click here to get this post in PDF

Until the 29th February it is annual reporting time.

All expats in the country on long term visasshould now be reporting to their local BI office.
Do not ignore this as compliance is essential and is being policed more thoroughly each year.
My wife reports on my behalf each year as I am over 65. There are conditions explained further down.

Here is an summary of the memo.
“Foreigners who are out of the country during this period can make the report within 30 days of their return. They must however have have valid re-entry permits.”

In making the report an alien reportee must present his original ACR I-Card and valid passport and pay P300 annual report fee and P10 legal research fee.

As for aliens who are below 14 years of age, it shall be the duty of their parent or guardian to make the report on their behalf.

Senior citizens aged 65 years old, and persons with disability, are likewise exempted from personal appearance, he added, but are required to submit a Special Power of Attorney for their representative.

BI urges foreigners to make their report early and avoid the deadline rush so they won’t be inconvenienced. This largely involves returning the next day to pick up paperwork

2 thoughts on “It Is Annual Reporting Time

  1. Joo hoon

    Hi, i arrived a week ago and i’m planning to stay more than 30 days. Can i extend my tourist visa now or do i need to wait until my tourist visa nearly expire? I’m from Korea. Thanks

    1. mbannist Post author

      If you are staying in a hotel talk to the staff, they usually can arrange for you to get your waiver, without having to go to the Bureau of Immigration, for a fee.You can also go yourself any time you wish, although people usually do it in the last week it is not a requirement. Have a great holiday and enjoy

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *