Register as a Canadian Living or Traveling Abroad
Whether you’re planning a short vacation or a long-term stay abroad, you are encouraged to register as a Canadian Living or Traveling Abroad.
This free, confidential service will keep you connected to Canada:
- In case of an emergency abroad, such as an earthquake or civil unrest
- Keep you informed about an emergency at home.
To sign up for a Registration of Canadians Abroad account
- You must be a Canadian citizen
- Have a valid passport
- Provide contact information in the Philippines
- An emergency contact in Canada
It can be carried out:
- Before you go to the Philippines
- Or when you arrive there.
How You Can Do It
- In person at the Embassy or Consulate
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax on Fax: (63-2) 843-1082
- Snail mail at P.O. Box 2168
Makati Central Post Office
If you registered by email, mail, fax or in person, you must:
- Contact the Embassy or Consulate to update your personal information manually
- Complete a new registration form each time you return to the Philippines, even if you are only gone for a week.
You Can Also Sign Up Online
- The Information page is found here.
- Click on the Online Registration Button. which takes you to the Terms and Conditions page.
- Read this page carefully. If you do not wish to comply with the conditions click the Decline Button on the bottom right of the page.
- If you accept the terms and conditions, first confirm you are a Canadian citizen by clicking the Yes radio button, then the Accept Button on the bottom right of the form.
- You will be taken to the Online Registration Form where you will provide the following personal information:
- Last Name
- First Namr
- Date Of Birth
- Preferred Language
- Passport number
- Destination Information:
- Hotel or Accomodation Address, itinerary
- Arrival Date
- Departure Date If Known
- Contact Details:
- Emergency Contact Number in The Philippines
- Emergency Contact Person In Canada
- Last Name
- First Name
- EMail Address
- Contact Number
- Other Information
- Will You Be Visiting Other Countries. If yes you will be taken to another page to provide details of those
- Will You Be Travelling With Others. If yes you will be taken to another page to provide details of those you are travelling with
- You then click on the Submit button
Your Secure Access Page
Here you will be asked to:
- Choose your user ID and password
- Choose and answer a security question
- Provide an email address
- We’ve just sent a validation message to the e-mail address you provided
- To activate your Registration of Canadians Abroad account and register your first trip:
- Go to your e-mail inbox, or your spam folder if not there
- Click on the link in the e-mail we sent you (subject line: “Login information”)
- Log in to Registration of Canadians Abroad by entering your user ID and password
- Activate your account which requires the provision of a few more details and register your first trip