Registering A New Imported Vehicle
It is unusual for an individual to be registering a new vehicle. Locally manufactured new vehicles are usually registered by the retail or fleet franchises that sell them. Most imported vehicles garner the same attention from retailers and you will not have to involve yourself in the process unless you choose to be. If, however you choose to import some specialised vehicle or one without a franchise, you will be responsible for registering it.
What follows is all the information you will need to do that painlessly.
Fully Built New Unit
What You Need Before You Apply
General imported Vehicles, Light Electric Vehicle (LEV) (AO-2006-01), Low Speed Vehicle
- Original Sales Invoice or Commercial Invoice issued by the Country of Origin.
- Bill of Lading
- BOC Certificate of Payment
- Certificate of Stock Reported (CSR)
- Original PNP-HPG MV Clearance Certificate
- Sales invoice of MV with sales evaluation from the regional office
- Duly accomplished and approved Motor Vehicle Inspection Report (MVIR)
- Appropriate insurance certificate of cover
- Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN) (Only if you are conducting a business in the Philippines)
- Valid Certificate of Public Convenience duly confirmed by the LTFRB, in case of for hire MV’s
- Valid Motorized Tricycle Operators Permit (MTOP) for TC only
Three Wheeled Vehicle
All of the above plus
Certificate of Guaranty or product–liability undertaking issued by manufacturer or importer
- Submit all the required documents to the Evaluator for evaluation and computation of fees.
- When your name is called proceed to the Cashier for the necessary fees and obtain an Official Receipt (OR).
- Proceed to the Releasing Counter when your name is called to obtain the Certificate of Registration (CR), plates, stickers, and other requested documents.
Where You Can Get This Done
To find out where your nearest office is, that accepts this transaction type click on this link. Scroll down past the head office directory. You will come to a downloadable Excel file, listing all the regions. Click on your region and find your nearest office. Give them a ring to ascertain the services they provide, and if necessary the nearest office providing the service you need.
How Much Will It Cost At LTO
|Category||Gross Vehicle Weight||Rate|
|Light||Up To 1600kg||2000.00|
|Medium||1601 - 2300 kg||6000.00|
|Heavy||2300 - 4500kg||12,000.00|