Who Is This For?
Renewing your driver’s license in advance is available if you hold a current Philippines License.
You must be able to show that you are out of the country when your license is up for renewal, then you can renew prior to leaving.
The only caveat on that is that I was unable to find any mention on how far ahead you can renew. If I get a response from LTO I will amend this post to reflect the new information.
Why Would I?
- You incur penalties if your license expires. Not huge amounts, but why give anything you can avoid by careful planning
- Anything that makes you stand out when renewing can mean you are subjected to extra scrutiny. They are obliged to do it, but it doesn’t really make for a great start to the day.
Where Can You Complete This Transaction?
Any Licensing Center / District Office with drivers license transactions
To find out where your nearest office is, that accepts this transaction type clickl on this link. Scroll down past the head office diectory. You will come to a downloadable Excel file, listing all the regions. Click on your region and find your nearest office. Give them a ring to ascertain the services they provide, and if necessary the nearest office providing the service you need.
What Documents Will You Will Need?
- Valid Driver’s License Card Non Professional Drivers License (NPDL) or Professional Drivers License (PDL)
- Original and Xerox copy of any of the following:
- Plane Ticket
- Passport with valid visa
- Certified true copy of Employment Contract
- Medical Certificate issued by any licensed practicing physician stating that the applicant is physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle.The physician can also attest that the applicant has limitations that have been ameliorated. For example has poor hearing, but wears an aid.
- Duly accomplished Application for Driver’s License (ADL). This is downloadable and can be filled in prior to attending the LTO.
Can You Walk Me Through The Process?
1. If you have not downloaded the form, proceed to the Customer Service Counter to get it and your checklist of requirements
2. Get a queue number and wait for your number to be called.
3. When your number is called, proceed to evaluator counter and submit all the required documents and have them checked for completeness and authenticity.
4. You will then wait until called for photo taking, provision of demographics and to provide your signature.
5. Pay the Cashier the necessary fees when your name is called, and obtain an Official Receipt.
6. Proceed to the Releasing Counter, present the Official Receipt and sign the release form.
7. Claim the card type license, with the new expiry date.
What Is The Cost of Renewal In Advance?