web analytics
Life Philippines

OFW’s – How To Get Your Philippines Driver’s License If You Are Not Here.

For those of you who have relatives, friends or spouses working as OFW’s and who were not able to collect their driver’s license at the time of issue

The LTO has issued a notice to all OFW’s who have unclaimed Philippines driver’s licenses.

You will find the memo at the Official LTO Site.

This will enable you to pick up your license at the Philippines Embassy nearest to your place of work.

An application form needs to be completed and this can accessed from the memo page.

13 thoughts on “OFW’s – How To Get Your Philippines Driver’s License If You Are Not Here.

  1. vlademer

    Hi Sir,
    How to process my unclaimed drivers license card because I am here in Netherlands. As what I read in the news is only Bharain, Quatar and Saudi how about here in Netherlands?

    1. mbannist Post author

      vlademer, Follow the same procedure, by making contact with your Philippines embassy serving the Netherlands and giving them your receipt numbers and any other data they may require.


    Sir,paano po ako makakuha ng non prof license? Nandito kac ako ngaun sa QATAR at may STUDENT LICENSE ako pero ma expire na ngayong july 28, di ko kac na renew ito noong nandon ako sa PILIPINAS kac nag aplay ako ng trabaho. Anu po ba ang gagawin ko para makapag drive ako sa motor ko. Salamat po.

    1. mbannist Post author

      Hi there, Do you need the license for driving in Qatar? If so then I think the new rules for getting a drivers licence in that country require you to sit for a Qatar license and even then your occupation may not permit you to hold a license.

      If you are concerned about driving on your return to the Philippines, then the news is better. Even though your student permit may have expired, and cannot be renewed, getting a new one is just a matter of following the same process and providing the same documents that you did previously. To assist you the whole process is outlined here. Do this as soon as you return to the Philippines and you can be riding the same day.

  3. George

    Sir gud day.. dto po ako sa qatar ngaun, nag renew po ako ng driving license ko s pinas last vacation ko april 2017 pero dko sya nakuha, july daw sabi skin pero paano yan andto nko paano ko sya makukuha???? Please reply..

    1. mbannist Post author

      Please accept my apologies I don’t speak tagalog at all and Bisaya very poorly. Am I understanding that you are looking for the process to claim your Philippines drivers license from where you work in qatar. If so go to the LTO site and download the application process to have the license delivered to the nearest embassy to you, for pickup. If That is not what you are asking please ask again.

  4. Jun

    Hello,how to renew my expired driver license here in abroad.im here in riyadh saudi arabia right now.my point is i dont want to get back zero again.i mean.to get and the requirments.taking the exam and test drive.because my driver license had expired last june 16,2016 last year and my contract will be end july 2018.plz help me what should i do to prevent going back to the begging of getting new driver license.

  5. Mark

    Hi sir
    nandito po ako sa US ngayon, di ko nakuha yung Drivers license ko jan sa Pilipinas hawak ko po yung resibo, paano ko po makukuha yung Drivers license card ko? mahirap po kasi kumuha ng drivers license dito pag di hawak yung licence card, balik driving school kasi, at sayang ang oras at magal pag nagdriving school pa po.

    1. mbannist Post author

      Hi Mark,
      If you are in the US as an OFW, then you could follow the process I outlined in the post you read. However I suspect this is not the case and you are now living in the US permanently or for study. If that is the case, you will need to provide someone in the Philippines, that you trust with the receipt a power of attorney and copies of two photo id’s and arrange for them to pick up your license and forward it to you.
      Getting a drivers license in most western countries is much more intense than in the Philippines.

  6. Mariano Geronimo

    Good evening po. I have been working abroad for about 18 years and even po yung non pro kong drivers license kong n expired ay di ko n din po mahanap. Pauwi po ako ng december this year and gusto ko pong mag drive dyan sa Pilipinas ng almost 4 weeks during our vacation. Ano po ang dapat kong gawin?

    Btw po, mayron po akong drivers license d2 sa Qatar n 13yrs ko n din pong gamit.

    1. mbannist Post author

      Hi there,
      I hope I have interpreted this correctly. Your Philippines driver’s license has expired, but you have a valid Qatari license, and you wish to drive here while you are home on vacation, is that license valid to drive on.
      The answer to that question is yes you can drive on that license while you are here, for up to 90 days.
      If I got it wrong let me know and I will try again. My first language is English, if that helps.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • New Question and Answer feature available